Thursday, June 10, 2010

Drinking Lemon Water

 Photo courtesy of James Bowe's photostream

Lately I have been drinking a squeeze of fresh lime in my water.  I really prefer lemon, but limes were on sale at 1/5 the price. However, when things start to show up repeatedly around me, I try to pay attention.

In the last 24 hours, "lemon water" has appeared several times while surfing the internet, including a mention in a RBTI Yahoo Group I belong to... although so far, I know very little about RBTI (Reams Biological Theory of Ionization).

Dr. Reams advocated drinking plenty of Lemon Water, saying fresh lemon juice is especially beneficial to the liver, which can convert the components of the juice into an amazing number of different enzymes and vitamins.

The Preventative Medical Center in Marin, California has done some research into why lemon water is so healthy. One reason dieter's love it is the lemon's biologically active ingredient, d-limonene, enhances the liver's ability to break down and flush out cellulite-triggering food additives and trapped fat by as much as 30%. 

They recommend starting your day with a cup of warm lemon water. "The combination of warm water and lemon's natural fruit acids promotes peristalsis that speeds the elimination of toxins," according to diet expert Tosca Reno.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.